Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
What About Iran?
The entire media establishment is in meltdown about alleged collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. It is notable to me that in the eight years of Barack Obama’s presidency, virtually no Republican and certainly no “mainstream” journalist thought it was appropriate to question Obama’s unusual relationship with Iran.
Let’s review some facts:
- The Islamic Republic of Iran is responsible for the deaths and grievous wounding of thousands of U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Iran sponsors massive rallies in which radical Islamists chant “Death to America” and “Death to Israel.”
- We know that Obama was conducting secret negotiations with Iran over its nuclear program. Obama’s outreach started in 2008, well before he was elected president.
- Obama desperately wanted a deal with Iran and he ordered Secretary of State John Kerry to keep negotiating at all costs.
- During the negotiations Iran was harassing U.S. ships and sponsoring terrorist groups operating against our allies all over the Middle East.
- Ben Rhodes, a top Obama official, bragged about the shell game the administration created in order to lie to the public about the nuclear deal.
- Obama deployed all of his political power to prevent the United States Congress from ever voting on the Iranian nuclear deal. At the same time, he sought the U.N.’s approval for his deal.
- We learned there were secret side deals that were kept from Congress.
- After the deal, Iran continued its aggressive behavior, seizing an American patrol boat, taking U.S. sailors hostage and humiliating them — all in violation of international agreements. Incredibly, John Kerry thanked Iran!
- If the nuclear deal were not bad enough, the Obama White House paid a ransom to the radical regime to secure the release of other American hostages. The president ordered officials to load a plane full of cash and to deliver the money to Iran. This was followed by another billion-dollar ransom payment. Iran promptly transferred the money to its defense budget.
- And while Obama was frantically appeasing the ayatollah, he damaged America’s relationship with Israel. He interfered in Israeli elections hoping to defeat Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and he stabbed Israel in the back at the United Nations.
In the face of all this, I am not aware of a single mainstream reporter who thought this was odd collusion with an enemy that warranted investigation. I don’t recall any politician — Democrat or Republican — asking for a FBI investigation of collusion between Obama and the ayatollah. I don’t recall leaks from the intelligence community worried about repeated concessions to an enemy that had not changed one iota of its behavior.
But when Donald Trump says he hopes he can work with Putin, the media freak out. When Russia hacks some embarrassing emails from the DNC, the left is ready to wage World War III.